Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Brief Appearances / Fantastic Tips + Fab Art Event!

Hello Wednesday! With much anticipation, we finally have above zero temperature in Toronto!  This deep freeze condition has dominated our climate for way too long and with 6C in the air, my only tip for the day is: go outside for a walk!

Now speaking about tips, the super talented and friendly Nate Berkus was on Huff Post Live yesterday talking about his new show, American Dream Builders, and offering tips on design questions.  Yours truly has submitted a quick question and Nate acturally recognized me from my Twitter! Couldn't you tell I was totally smitten by that?  Too bad I didn't get to chat with Nate LIVE ... it would have been so awesome!

Thanks Nate for the great tips on how to add personality and character to our homes.  I will keep that in mind at #ProjectChris!

images via HuffPost Live
To learn about Nate's amazing new show (which is set to air this Sunday, March 28th, at 8pm), tips on designs/renovations, and a very sweet chat about his wedding to come in May, check out the full segment here.  You can see also see my brief online appearance at 21:50!      



More on decorating, you all know I love mixing patterns, colors, and textures through fabrics for an interesting layering effect in my rooms.  Well, Tonic Living is one of my favourite spots to get inspired and its wide range of fabric selection will definitely help you narrowing down your options. 

From drapery style, fabrics, and hardware with decorative finials, Janine has got you covered.  She wasn't kidding when she said "listen to that feeling" when you spotted a fabric.  The Peaceful Temple in Porcelain was calling my name the moment we met.  I was going to use it at a project but the clients opted for a different option.  So what did I do? I used it in my own bedroom and it is fabulous!  

image via House & Home
For #ProjectChris, I have "listened to that feeling" again and this time, it's the Ming Dragon in midnight.  I am pairing it with the Regatta Stripe in blue.  Now I just need to get the extra long curtain rod and have the showstopper drapes hung beautifully by the window. 

images via Tonic Living
Now if you are in town tomorrow, here is an event you won't want to miss. Alanna will be selling her prints and artist proofs at Artscape latest building: Artscape Youngplace.  Be sure to come check out this new addition to Artscape and you may even find some brand new prints by Alanna!

image via Alanna Cavanagh 

Happy last day of Winter friends!!

8 comments:

  1. Look at you go! If only you were live, you could have had a conversation with Nate himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! He was so friendly too! Will have to catch him next time!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic, Tim! I am so proud of you - you really rock!! A big hug all the way from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Igor!! So excited about that too!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Dude, that's so awesome! He totally wanted to chat with you!! Great question, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April!! Too bad I wasn't LIVE! Next time!

      Delete
  4. That's so exciting! Don't ya just love social media? It's so cool to be able to connect with people you really admire!
    - Sioux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! Like meeting you the first time on FaceBook Sioux! xoxo

      Delete