Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Fun + HomeSense Finds ~ 03.23.2014

Hello Monday! Did you enjoy the first weekend of Spring? The temperature in Waterloo wasn't exactly warm but the bright sunshine was enough to put me on high spring spirit.  Chris and I headed out to the farm's market on Saturday before our new gym routine and check out these fresh blooms! I love flowers in the house and how they simply cheer me up every time I look at them.


We were also delighted to receive a card from Grandma all the way from Germany.  She has been having trouble writing but she wrote us a card.  #HeartMelted.  Another heart melting moment was when I woke up on Sunday morning with these beautiful purple poppies right next to me.  I just love them and may have to get them every weekend from now on!

I also picked up some buttons on Friday and here is my plan for them with my favourite fabrics from the Sarah Richardson Collection for Kravet.  The lovely Staci Edwards of Switch Studio will help me to turn my plans into a pair of serene pillows for #ProjectChris.  #CannotWait!


Starving for spring inspirations, I headed to HomeSense for a "quick walk" … or at least that was how I convinced Chris to come with me.  Spring/Summer living is in full swing at HomeSense and just check out these bright turquoise and vibrant mossy green pieces!  Loving the tightly woven side table (which could also double-duty as planter if you turn it upside down), the romanic birdies in love, and happy yellow faux daisies.   


While at HomeSense, I thought I would get Chris to try out a few outdoor furniture options.  Modern Class, Bistro Chic, or Masculine Contemporary, which one is your favourite? Bistro Chic is what I am secretly planning for the Balcony at #ProjectChris, but I bet you know which one was Chris' favourite by now.


Of course I have to share with you what I couldn't resist at HomeSense this time.  Hello cut velvet animal print area rug, Ralph Lauren blue & white pitcher, a pair of Visual Comfort lamps, and my favourite ceramic stool (the busts are for you Christine!): all at unbeatable prices! 


We also made a stop at an event to celebrate healthy, organic food from farmers in your local area.  From The Farm to My Table is a fabulous idea to connect local farmers and folks who appreciate organic, environmentally responsible/ sustainable food that's free of pesticides, insecticides, and other man made chemicals.  I have tried out a few dishes at the event today and they were yum!  Well, and so is this art deco brass handle on the food warmer! So tempted to ask the hotel if they would sell me the handles.   

To order your delicious meals, check out Farmer's Kitchen Table .  


Now I have to get into the car and head back to Toronto: an early morning routine I have grown accustomed to.  Wish me luck on my Monday morning drive!  

10 comments:

  1. I love those Bistro chairs! And honestly, I need to stop in and find a bust. I've been wanting one for awhile now! Thanks for sharing these finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are great! please do let me know which one you're taking home Tiffany!

      Delete
  2. I think you should move to Waterloo. :)
    I also vote for the Bistro Chic chairs.
    Finally, how come I NEVER come across great things like the animal print rug on my trips to HomeSense?
    J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true right? We will be besties at HomeSense, Target, antique markets, farmer's markets!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous! Oh my heart skipped a beat when I saw the animal print rug and head bust (the bigger one)! Which HomeSense did you go to? I really want to get them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mine did the same Michelle! That animal print rug ... to die for!

      Delete
    2. I just picked up a pair of the same Visual Comfort lamps, in polished nickel. Still couldn't find it on the official VC site though.

      Delete
  4. love the stool! I'm on the hunt for the perfect one from there too! always love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Julie and that one is my absolute favorite design! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Tim! I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! You can read about it here: http://www.shabbyyetchic.blogspot.ca/ Cheers! Mich!

    ReplyDelete